Updated by Danielle
Updated on April 10th, 2023
Updated the list with the Walrus Audio Fundamentals series and EarthQuaker Devices Aurelius. When pedals are added, or age out of this category, we'll make updates accordingly.
New Guitar Pedal Releases for June, 2023
Walrus Audio, Strymon, Fishman, and Dunlop all have new pedals on the market
Walrus Audio and Strymon continue to focus on new-wave ambient effects, while Fishman is getting their feet wet in the pedal market. The Marshall effects line is making a comeback, while Dunlop is still playing the Hendrix card.
The guitar effects market churns out a lot of pedals. It also discontinues a lot of them if they don't sell. We've seen some come and go so fast that they're hardly even noticeable.
Note that we are not including lesser-known boutique effects in this list, which are released and discontinued at a very quick pace. Unfortunately, we do not have the resources to keep track of those.
These are from mainstream markets, primarily Sweetwater.
We link to Sweetwater and other retailers we trust to support Guitar Chalk and keep it ad-free. If you click through one of our orange buttons, we might earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks to all for such generous support over the years! - Bobby and Danielle
Note that some of these are still just in pre-order, but you can check here. We have Sweetwater's link to all the new pedals (via sorting) and the most popular new pedals page (includes electric guitars as well).
New Guitar Pedal Releases
- Walrus Audio Fable Granular Delay
- Darkglass NSG Noise Gate Bass
- Fishman AFX AcoustiVerb Reverb
- Fishman AFX Pocket Blender Mini
- Fishman AFX Pro EQ Mini
- Fishman AFX Broken Record Looper
- Dunlop JHMS1 Authentic Hendrix '68 Shrine Series Fuzz
- Dunlop JHMS3 Authentic Hendrix '68 Shrine Series Uni-Vibe Chorus
- Dunlop JHMS2 Authentic Hendrix '68 Shrine Series Octavio Fuzz
- Dunlop JHMS4 Authentic Hendrix '68 Shrine Series Band of Gypsys Fuzz
- Vertex Effects Steel String Supreme Preamp
- Catalinabread STS-88 Flange Reverb
- Headrush Prime Multi-Effects Pedal, Amp Modeler and Vocal Processor
- Beetronics FX Seabee Harmochorus, Multi-Chorus and Pitch Modulation
- Marshall BluesBreak Overdrive/Distortion
- Marshall the Guv'nor Overdrive/Distortion
- Marshall ShredMaster Ovdrive/Distortion
- Marshall DriveMaster Overdrive/Distortion
- DSM Humboldt Electronics Black Clouds High Gain Distortion
- Singular Sound Aeros Loop Studio
- JHS Mary-K Vintage-Style Fuzz
- J. Rockett Audio Designs Archer Boost/Overdrive
- Catalinabread Blood Donor Fuzz Pedal
- IK Multimedia TONEX Amplifier, Cabinet, and Effects Modeler
- Electro-Harmonix Slapback Echo
- Strymon Cloudburst Ambient Reverb
- Ibanez Pentatone Preamp and EQ
- Walrus Audio Melee Wall of Noise Distortion and Reverb
- Pigtronix Gatekeeper v2 Noise Gate Pedal
- MXR Double Down Booster Pedal
- Walrus Audio Fundamental Series Drive
- Walrus Audio Fundamental Series Tremolo
- Walrus Audio Fundamental Series Distortion
- Walrus Audio Fundamental Series Delay
- Walrus Audio Fundamental Series Reverb
- Walrus Audio Fundamental Series Fuzz
- Walrus Audio Fundamental Series Chorus
- Walrus Audio Fundamental Series Phaser
- EarthQuaker Devices Aurelius Tri-Voice Chorus
Most popular new releases
We've linked to the popular releases page earlier, but we'll highlight a few pedals here from that list to give you an idea of what is selling.
This is sort of IK Multimedia's attempt at competing with the Helix and Boss 1000 series. Like Fishman, pedals are a new venture for this brand.
Marshall has put out a series of these that include four overdrive and gain-focused pedals.
Walrus Audio continues their focus on new-wave ambient effects. The Fable is one of their most recent releases.
Comment Policy: You're down to leave a comment? That's awesome. Keep in mind that comments are moderated and rel="nofollow" is in use. Please avoid any spammy keywords or a domain as your name, otherwise your comment will be deleted. Let's stay on topic, keep questions relevant and have a meaningful conversation. All the best.