No fuss, whatsoever.
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier VS Mark V: How are they different?
CabClone IR, graphic EQ, power amp tubes, and more.
You'll pay more for the Mesa Mark V, with the CabClone, five-band graphic EQ, and power tube configuration taking most of the responsibility for the increased cost. We'd argue, it's worth it. The Mark V throws in reverb and a USB connection (for IRs) to sweeten the deal.
Note that there are several wattage variations and form factors available for both amps.
Mesa Boogie Mark V
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
|Mesa Boogie Mark V
|Mesa Dual Rectifier
|90W (45W/25W settings)
|5 x 12AX7
|5 x 12AX7
|4 x 6L6
|4 x 6L6, 2 x 5U4 (Rectifier)
|3-band, 5-band Graphic
|CabClone IR, Graphic EQ
|Bias Switch, Rectifier Select
|USB for IR loading, MIDI I/O
|Footswitch I/O, Slave Out
|Black Vinyl with Baltic Birch Cabinet
Dual Rectifier and Mark V Price Tracker
Prices updated Thu, February 29th, 2024.
Dual Rectifier and Mark V Differences
- Power Rating: The Mark V operates at 90/45/25W, while the Dual Rectifier offers 100/50W settings, indicating a slight difference in power handling and output capabilities.
- Power Tubes: The Mark V uses 4 x 6L6 power tubes, whereas the Dual Rectifier uses 4 x 6L6 plus 2 x 5U4 tubes.
- Graphic EQ: The Mark V includes a 5-band graphic EQ for deeper tone shaping, a feature not available on the Dual Rectifier.
- CabClone IR Technology: Only present in the Mark V, this built-in feature allows for direct recording and silent practice without needing a speaker cab.
- Tonal Versatility: The Mark V introduces unique modes like Mark IIB and Mark VII for additional tonal flavors, whereas the Dual Rectifier emphasizes its iconic high-gain sound with modes tailored towards various genres.
- USB Connectivity and IR Loading: The Mark V offers USB connectivity for IR loading, enhancing its flexibility for studio and live settings.
Similarities Between the Two Amps
- Channels and Modes: Both amplifiers have three channels with multiple modes (gain styles).
- Tube Configuration: They both run 5 x 12AX7 preamp tubes.
- Power Options: Each amp offers selectable power options to adjust headroom and overdrive characteristics.
- Footswitch Included: Both come with a 6-button footswitch for control over channels and other features.
- Effects Loop: An assignable series effects loop is present in both models.
Related Mesa Boogie Amp Content
We link to products on Sweetwater that help support our site and keep the lights on. If you click through our orange buttons, we might earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you all for your generous support over the years! ~ Bobby and Danielle